Boiler Light off SOP
#5 & #7 Boiler Startup Procedure SA900 SOP 901
1. Complete boiler startup walkdown.
2. Drain approximately 2 inches of water from the steam drum.
3. Increase water level to normal liteoff.
· Verify remote water level instruments are functioning.
· Raising water level insures economizer is flooded with water.
4. Open startup valve
5. Start FD Fan.
· Insure damper are at minimum.
· Start the fan.
6. Start Secondary Air Fan.
7. Reset Boiler Trip
8. Reset Duct burner Trip.
9. Purge the boiler.
10. Start the duct burner.
· Adjust the duct burner control output to approximately 5%
11. Fire the boiler slowly, increasing boiler metal temperatures 100 deg. F per hour.